Finished the pink shirt!

Finally!  I finally finished the pink start I started several months ago.  It’s been sitting in my sewing room waiting for me to finish the hems and make the buttonholes and sew the buttons on.  It is a Simplicity 7030 in XL and is made with one of Anna Marie Horner’s fabrics from Free Spirit, a very fine and silky cotton voile made in Korea.  The quality of the fabric is exceptional.  I used Bottom Line thread for the construction and top stitching because regular 50 weight thread was too big and the shirt really required a little more finesse in the topstitching especially.  I used the sewing journal that someone shared a long time back to record the project details, and I the Japanese basting thread – it worked superbly in basting down fine details, like setting in the collar, doing the hems, basting the plackets on the shirt front – they all just turned out wonderfully.  My only real flaw in the shirt was that I forgot to cut the organdy for the collar on the bias.  I knew better, but that’s what you get for sewing late at night because you have a little one at home.  Since I will never button the collar, it won’t be too bad, but I won’t make the same mistake again.  It fits really just the way I like and I’m very pleased.


One thought on “Finished the pink shirt!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *